About the Diploma
There will be a growing demand for qualified manpower for the banking and finance sector in the coming years on account of expansion of volume of business and large scale retirement of personnel. Banking and finance industry will require professionally qualified manpower endowed with banking and finance knowledge and skills together with technology-familiarity, customer-orientation and hands-on application skills who can be assigned to various desks/jobs with minimal training intervention at the bank level.
In view of the huge current as well as potential demand for the professionally qualified manpower for the banking and finance sector, and to ensure a steady stream of industry-ready professionals at the entry-level, IIBF has designed a professional qualification in banking and finance - titled "Diploma in Banking & Finance" for graduates in any discipline who aspire for a career in banking and finance
The course will give knowledge inputs to the candidates and expose them to the operational processes and modern banking environment so that they can man the counters at the bank from the first day of their joining the bank. It is expected that successful candidates of Diploma in Banking & Finance would have a competitive edge and will be absorbed by banks and financial institutions and Diploma in Banking & Finance would emerge as a preferred professional qualification with graduation for employment in banking and finance industry.
Hosting of the Resume of Successful candidates on IIBF's Website for employment:
IIBF will host on its website brief resume, with photograph of all the successful candidates and make it available to its Member Banks/Institutions which include Reserve Bank of India, State Bank of India and its Associate Banks, Public Sector Banks, Private Sector Banks, Foreign Banks, Co-operative Banks and IT/BPO Companies providing services to banking industry, for considering them for employment.
The Institute has taken up the issue of recognition of its Diploma with banks and some of the banks have already recognised Diploma in Banking & Finance as a desirable qualification for recruitment(refer to the Industry recognition sction). The process of recognition in other banks is underway.
- Diploma in Banking & Finance will impart banking and finance knowledge and skills together with technology-familiarity and customer-orientation.
- High quality academic rigour and specially prepared courseware.
- Candidates undertaking the course will have comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge in the subject of banking and finance. The Diploma offers practical insights into the subjects while, at the same time, emphasizes robust theoretical foundation.
- The course will make the candidates job ready.
- The course is so designed that most employers would value it for talent scouting.
- This will ensure that banks can reduce their post recruitment training intervention.
- The course is cost effective and at the same time high in quality. At an additional fee, candidates can seek educational support in the form of e-learning/virtual classes/contact classes.
- The diploma carries professional recognition among the banking and finance community as it is equivalent to banking industry recognized JAIIB qualification of IIBF.
- The certification is backed by a system of high professional standards of the Institute