About Delhi & Agra
Delhi sometimes referred to as Dilli, is the second largest city in India, with over 11 million residents, the eight largest metropolis in the world by population.
Mr. M.V. Tanksale assumed charge as Chief Executive of Indian Banks' Association (IBA) on 1st December 2013.
During his long illustrious career of 39 years, Shri Tanksale served three major public sector banks. From June 28, 2011, Shri Tanksale was the Chairman and Managing Director of Central Bank of India, from where he super- annuated in July, 2013. Prior to joining Central Bank of India, he was Executive Director at Punjab National Bank for a brief period of 27months. He spent the first 35 years of his banking career in Union Bank of India, where he rose from a probationary officer to the rank of General Manager.
Shri Tanksale, in his own capacity and as Chief Executive of IBA, is on several Committees and Governing Councils. He is:
- Member on the Board of International Banking Federation (IBFed), a key international forum for addressing legislative, regulatory and other issues of interest to the global banking industry. IBA is an Associate Member of IBFed.
- Member of the Governing Council of Institute of Banking & Personnel Selection- IBPS
- Member of the Governing Council of Indian Institute of Banking & Finance - IIBF. He is also a Member of their Executive Committee and Chairman of their Education & Training Committee
- Member, RBI Standing Advisory Committee for Urban Co-op Banks
- Member on Committee set up by Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance to examine the financial architecture for the MSME Sector
- Member on the Pension Advisory Committee of PFRDA.
- Member on the RBI Standing Advisory Committee to review the flow of Institutional Credit to MSME Sector
- He is a member of the National Governing Council of Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- Served on the Board of Life Insurance Corporation of India, Indo Zambia Bank Ltd., Zambia, Africa and Subsidies of Punjab National Bank of India and Central Bank of India.
Shri Tanksale has been conferred with several awards, distinctions and accolades during his rich career. He won the GOLDEN PEACOCK HR EXCELLENCE AWARD 2012, PERSON OF THE YEAR for his contribution to Financial Inclusion by SKOCH Foundation, to name a few.
Shri Tanksale has been a lauded as a thorough HR practitioner with excellent employee motivation and engagement skills and in his capacity as Chairman & Managing Director of Central Bank of India, chaired the IBA Standing Committee on HR during 2012-2013.
Shri Tanksale is enriched with a Bachelor degree of Science, a Master degree in English Literature and professional credentials like Fellow member of the Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of India (FCMA); Company Secretary (Inter) of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India; CAIIB.